1. Entry into the Ladder competition is free to any club member who has joined the ECF and has a rating of 1600 or less.
2. Initial positions on the ladder are determined randomly.
New joiners are added to the bottom of the ladder.
3. New joiners send their contact details and an ephoto to the Ladder organiser. These will be displayed on cards in the physical ladder that is available at the club on Monday nights so that other players will now how to make contact.
4. You may challenge anyone who is one, two, or three places above you on the ladder.
5. If you are challenged to a ladder game - and you are not currently challenged or have a challenge accepted, then you must accept the challenge and either play immediately or agree to play on the next available club night.
A refusal to accept a challenge is treated as a loss on the ladder but will not affect either parties rating.
6. Normal NCA league rule applies, (i.e. each player keeps a record of the game, and the game is played at a rate of 75mins + 10 second increment etc.) and all played games will be reported for rating purposes.
7. Colour is decided by the toss of a coin or similar.
8. If the lower-ranked (ladder placing) player wins then he/she takes the position of the higher ranked while the higher ranked and all those in between move one place down.
9. If the higher-ranked player wins or the game is drawn, then there is no change in the players’ rankings.
10. After a ladder game is played, at least one of the players must play a ladder game against someone else before they are allowed to play each other again.
11. Results of all ladder games should be reported by email to the Ladder organiser.
12. At the discretion of the Ladder organiser, members not playing regularly may be removed from the ladder.
13. The Ladder competition will end on the 31st of August and the winner will be the player on top of the ladder on that date.